10/24/2005

On a Lighter Note

Nothing aggravates me more than totally unqualified people earning about the same money I do or more except when those very unqualified people don't even show up for work. Sometimes, those people are penalized somewhere in the future, but when they are women, they manage to glide and sail smoothly on leaving work early, coming in late, and doing little work for 4 months straight. The amazing secret? "I'm engaged to be married, I have things to plan".

This statement is the preverbial Get out of Jail pass to every irascible boss or overpowering manager who immediately reverses into a loving sympathetic father figure, full of expressive felicitations and best wishes for the New Bride to Be. Meanwhile, a big chunk of her incompleted projects gets dumped on my desk, and I pull insane after work hours scramming to clean her mess, while she struts around flipping through bridal magazines to fish for creative wedding ideas. I'm not the only one that suffers the heavier workload, my humorous male colleague, Wisecracker, is a victim of this injustice too. While I internalize my work related frustrations or anonymously publish them on the internet for everyone to read (thus shoving a nice Christian Dior stilleto up my career's ass), Wisecracker chooses to be very vocal and public about his embittered sentiments to me:
Wisecracker: Maa 9arat, CD, I m slaving away everyday, coming to work on time and leaving late while Miss Bride to Be is having social hours in her office, discussing flower decorations and gay lebanese designers!
CD: yalla maykhalif, maa bugaa shay 3ala el 3irs, she'll get married, have kids and the boss won't take her excuses anymore then Bam - he'll ask her to leave! heheheh...
Wisecracker: I'm buying you dinner when that happens! Bas mita bit-fuknaa witizawaj?
CD: khala9, she already did her milcha. The wedding should be soon.
Wisecracker: ishsaalfat hal wedding? she probably already lost her virginity anyway!
CD: Laa, yalla 3ad, they do that after the wedding party, dude.
Wisecracker: C'mon CD, look at her face, she's GLOWING! I bet you their dirty places touched at least four times this weekend.
CD: Noway dude, where the hell are they gonna sneak around to have sex? Its Ramadan for God's sake.
Wisecracker: They don't need to sneak around, they already did the milcha, she can bring him into her bedroom and her parents will say nothing!

I realized at this point that we were having a very inappropriate discussion, in a very inappropriate place, about someone inappropriately located within close proximity to my office! Its funny how when you really click with a character like Wisecracker, you end up talking about outrageous things (such as your co-worker's sex life) without even noticing. I bit my tongue immeadiately and changed the topic of conversation, but I didn't resist to come and tell you all about it :)

12 Comments:

At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger Purgatory said...

I would not worry much, you will be moving to another job in a couple of years, so all this will be history.

 
At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger Gigi said...

*gasp*snort*chuckle*frown*laugh* !

Gigi, scandalizedly :D

 
At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Mirror again! I do hope our resemblance will one day come out with something good!..I've been accidently caught in these situations before only realising it too late when I'm sitting at home and saying to myself "oh my God...what was I thinking!"...I even wonder to myself if men do it on purpose...but in this case...he seems to be an ok guy...as for the "Bride to be"...like you said..it won't be long when her lazy ass will be busy at home making babies and hopefully you'll be promoted for taking on an additional work load...(get your job description updated in preparation!)..:)

 
At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

loooooooooooool

it ALWAYS shows when a new bride has had some

Always!

 
At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger A3sab said...

DC,LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
flushed

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Purg,
A "couple of years"??? Ishnawy 3alay? ONE YEAR MAX AND I'M OUT!

GiGi,
:)

MCArabian,
One of these days, Wisecracker and I will go on a mad tire slashing spree in the parking lot.

MissCK,
Hehheh, sometimes guys try to trick you into having a sexual conversation with them, but Wisecracker is aiight! He's my boy !

PS: its pretty cool we have a few things in common :)

DR,
yeah, but to be honest, I can never tell. I'm totally oblivious to it.

A3sab,
Now you know that if you are married, your single sex-deprived coworkers WILL TALK ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE!!!

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Entrepreneur said...

Hehehe,

There isnt anything more unattractive than a stupid young lady all giddy about getting married and finally be able to get laid, legally and morally and at the same time letting all her responsibilities go to shit.

The fact that she dropped her job just goes to show what type of person she really is; obviously the replaceable type.

I think alot of Kuwaiti women in particular really see marriage as this goal/objective that they MUST acheive asap. Hehehe two years into married life and I want to see where that glow went to?!

hehehehehe these days chances are it's on another sweet young lady's face... ;o)

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Purgatory said...

regardless, you are moving, so cheer up.

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Entrep,
These girls are annoying..but can you blame them?

Mishari,
Il 3adah yan6eroon laima il3irs. Its nicer that way.

Purg,
Any injustice infuriates me, regardless of whether it is directed to me or others. So even if I'm gone, this stuff will still piss me off, ROYALLY.

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Purgatory said...

you won't change the world, so just accept it and move on, it will be more relaxing.

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Closet Diva said...

this specific issue is not a big deal and doesn't deserve the attention I am implying,

but other types of corruption or inefficiences definitely should be talked about and addressed. Even if I won't change the world, I don't think its a nice idea to turn a blind eye, be passive and 'accept' :)

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Closet Diva said...

1- I guess u would know better

2-Ya damn right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home