4/06/2009

Dating in the financial crisis


I'm sure all the ladies are feeling me on this one: it seems that all eligible single dudes these days are b.r.o.k.e.

Yes the economy is tanking, yes we all went broke because of what happened to Agility but we had Zain, and then Zain went down below 2 kd :s. Yes Global illegally took our cash intended for a Saudi investment to pay off its own debts. Yes the overall market has plummeted way beyond the Dirty Thirties. But surely the notoriously high flying, jet setting, crocodile LV luggage sporting, St Tropez summering, +50 ft yatch owning, Courchevel apres-skiing, valentino suit rocking single men had other sources of income besides the Kuwaiti stock market….no?
Please tell me that you do.

I'm not a gold digger, but like any independent self-respecting diva with a mind and a lifestyle I'm ain't interested in no broke niggah!

The good thing is that an economy like this really sheds light on the level of intelligence of men. You can now easily weed out the smart, creative, out of the box thinking leaders from the ones that lived off inflated company earnings and followed the herd at the stock market like a dumb sheep. Now is the time to ask, Is your guy the type that studies his decisions carefully and excersises logic and caution, or is he part of the pool of failures that made hasty impulsive and delusional investments –a reflection of his own future psychological behaviors? The financial crisis has indeed been a revealing marriage-o-meter that enables women to discern the value of datable guys and their marriageability potential.
For me personally, it has brought down the marriage ratings of several guys I used to be in awe of.
Yes, not only do I not want a broke niggah, I also NOT want a guy that lacks brains, common sense, and innovative thinking.


So...I wanna know..... who is the guy (other than George Soros) that shorted the dollar a year ago and made money out of this crisis?

10 Comments:

At Monday, 06 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u ever find one in kuwait (as in single that is) plz let us know :P

sharing is caring hehe ...

 
At Monday, 06 April, 2009, Anonymous Mix said...

Interesting post. Everyone got burned, question is how badly. Even the guru's guru Warren Buffet had a bad year. But there is always an upside to something like this. For one thing the age of the ever expanding ego where levels of arrogance reached unbelievable levels are over. People to a large degree have re-found their humility. Its just a shame it had to happen this way. Money doesn't buy class or character, that's what many during the boom didn't seem to understand.

 
At Tuesday, 07 April, 2009, Blogger don_veto said...

Actually, this crisis has been good to me. In principle I do not touch the Kuwait Stock Market because I believe it is not transparent and most of the times manipulated. I made a killing playing Fannie May and Freddie Mac and now I am sitting on a pile of cash. I always do better when I short than when I go long.

 
At Tuesday, 07 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(psssss.... sounds like Don Veto is THEEE man! you think he's got brothers for the rest of us?)

 
At Tuesday, 07 April, 2009, Blogger don_veto said...

anon: sorry, I am already taken, and my brothers got burned.

 
At Tuesday, 07 April, 2009, Blogger Closet Diva said...

1st anony:
stay tunnnnnnnnnned.....: I will soon begin a marriage-o-meter review on my blog on some really impressive eligible bachelors :)

anony:
who's "us"???

Pls don't include me in your circle of desperation, :)


Mix,
Not everyone got burned. George Soros' Quantum fund made over 2 billion during this crisis.
The money did go somewhere, it didn't just disappear into thin air!


don v:
you've just dwindled down anony #2's hopes and dreams of finding THEEEEE MAN. Can't you at least play along her fantasy??

 
At Wednesday, 08 April, 2009, Anonymous Hadeel said...

Its been more than 2 years since i go throug any blog .. well yours are interesting i liked ur way of expressing your self plus its funny.. nice ;)

 
At Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, Anonymous Lenka said...

The answer to your question is: Nathaniel Rothschild, Georg Soros' employer.

 
At Thursday, 30 April, 2009, Anonymous Tony said...

assalamu alalikum

i am a white Canadian. i want to marry a Kuwaiti girl. please help.

she can be age 22-36. divorced is ok

please reply back and thank you so much if you are able to help me
none@ashadu.com
thank you

 
At Thursday, 30 April, 2009, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Tony,
T
his is not a dating site.

But good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home