5/09/2007

Vocab word of the day:

MALINGER:
To feign illness or other incapacity in order to avoid duty or work.

-----------------------
Today I was too lethargic to focus on anything remotely complicated in the office, so I decided to sneak out and hit the gym for an hour to get some blood pumpin. I arrived at 11 am and the gym was jam packed! It was full of people my age; some were sprawled out at the pool, some were pumping iron some were workin the cardio and quite a few were exfoliating in the steam room.

I looked at everyone in total disbelief and thought : don't these people have work to do? They can't all be students...I know that for a fact!

So, whats the deal? Am I missing out on something? Do people skip work/ malinger on wednesdays, or am I the only one with a job?

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 10 May, 2007, Blogger Evil Knievel said...

I think I'll have this on Saturday ... :P
just not the work out part...

 
At Thursday, 10 May, 2007, Blogger Evil Knievel said...

I think I'll have this on Saturday ... :P
just not the work out part...

 
At Friday, 11 May, 2007, Blogger 1001 Nights said...

I've noticed that plenty of well-educated women choose to be housewives after marriage. Maybe those are the clients you saw. I guess they're not so bored after all :)

 
At Tuesday, 15 May, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

You know, I'm trying to learn about the culture of Kuwait from your blog. I'm moving to Kuwait in August. You are not what I was thinking, when I visualized a 20 something female from Kuwait. But, I think that's good

I'm very excited about the region change, I'm now living in Central America.

Keep up the informative dialog, very enjoyable.

B

 
At Friday, 18 May, 2007, Blogger Shoush said...

Hmm, weird. Am with job too and i work on thursdays ba3ad (half day). My only free day is friday. So it's not only u. Bs '3areeba, now i wanna know. Don't they have jobs? Skool? Anything?

 
At Wednesday, 23 May, 2007, Blogger cozy said...

I noticsd the same wallah but i think they are really students ..nice blog :)

 
At Saturday, 26 May, 2007, Blogger pRoUd said...

Woopingly Funny!
I also tend to gravitate towards the same thoughts ur having! When I take a day off and notice all these people sprawling the malls especially (and the majority are males btw) I think to myself: is it a coincidence that we've all taken a day off, that same day? or is it some kind of hidden world that exists within us. I now know this is life: you go to work, pretend to be sick, or forget something at home, go to retrieve it at 10a, and showup at work at 3pm, and ooops, its time to go home again! or what do u think?

 
At Saturday, 26 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't posted for a while....Weinek? Looking forward to your next one....I really enjoy your stories...Keep 'em coming ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home